Davids premium natural toothpaste is made using the highest quality naturally sourced and naturally derived ingredients to safely & effectively whiten teeth, fight plaque, and freshen breath.
This toothpaste is all natural. It is fluoride and sulfate free, plus there are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. 98% of their ingredients are USA Origin, supporting the sustainability of the USA economy and American jobs. Davids is vegan, cruelty free, and packaged in sustainable packaging.
Each year about 1.5 Billion toothpaste tubes end up in US landfills and Davids wanted to do better. The main reasons Davids comes in metal tubes is for maintaining maximum freshness and for their ability to be recycled. The aluminum tubes are lined with a Food Grade Non-BPA liner so there is no paste to metal contact, and this barrier helps prevent any leaching of the tube material into the paste.
A few things to note about recycling your Davids tube... you will need to clean the excess paste from the inside of the tube, so you will need to do a few things.
1. Take some scissors or shears and cut off both ends of the tube.
2. Cut a slit the full length of the tube to fold open the tube to access the inside of the tube for cleaning. The edges of metal are sharp, so please be careful.
3. Wash off the excess paste with water. A toothbrush can be helpful here for removing all the paste.
4. Discard metal in recycle bin. It will be up to your local waste management provider to properly sort/recycle as we do not currently take back used tubes for recycling.
1. Roll up the clean metal so that sharp edges are no longer exposed and wad up into a 3" ball along with other aluminum foil you are recycling. This will greatly improve the chances of being sorted properly for recycling by the waste management company.
2. Alternatively, you can roll up the cleaned metal and place inside an aluminum can which also greatly increases the chances of being sorted for recycling.